Introduction and Background to CPC’s Web Based Container Tracking Software
CTSWEB is the state-of-the-art web based returnable asset management software developed by the Canadian Pallet Council (CPC) for the use of its members.
The Canadian Pallet Council is a uniquely Canadian member owned, non-profit cooperative pallet pool. Established and based in Canada since 1977, the CPC provides low cost, competitive pallet services, including an efficient interchange system for the Canadian consumer products industry. The CPC has almost 1400 members who own and exchange the almost eight million distinctive orange pallets in circulation.
CTSWEB provides a significant reduction in the administrative burden of tracking and reconciling any returnable asset utilizing intelligent internet data exchange and providing a wide range of management reports to assist in the control of this important expense.
CTSWEB’s proprietary, state-of-the-art software is a significant advancement over the current PC based pallet management tools and houses all data, application and reporting capability in one common data base that members link to through the internet. CTSWEB is now available for implementation. Thirteen (13) member companies including Sobeys, A&P, Loblaws, Kraft and Armour Transport are currently using the CTSWEB system.
CTSWEB Vision Statement
CPC will provide a real-time, paperless, web-based program to assist members with the management of their pallets and other returnable assets. This will require clearly defined accountabilities, while encouraging a consensus approach between trading partners. The resulting database will assist the CPC with overall pool management.
CTSWEB Key Features
- Incorporates all existing PC based CTS features into Web system.
- Can be integrated with enterprise software.
- Leverages machine to machine communications.
- Virtual network, easily accessible by all members.
- Single, transparent database shared by all.
- Secure environment.
- Ability to manage other assets/pallets/containers.
- Addresses high volume user needs.
- Exception based management.
- Master Location Table (Mapped to User’s System).
- Reduces administration burden saving Time and $.
- Real time data.
- Reduces trading partner conflict through simplified, transaction based,
- Satisfies high-volume clients demand.
- Optimizes multi sites container management and reporting (view by DC,
location, retail store, etc.)
- Data input once and used many times (distributors may not need to re-enter
- Increases visibility of turns.
- Tighter integration with ERP/MRP systems.
- Drastically reduced local system maintenance and upgrade costs (scalable).
- Transfer system admin cost to CPC (software upgrade, data back up, etc.)
- Tools to monitor other containers.
- Increased accuracy.
- Provides CPC with better management information.
- Provides added value to members enhancing commitment
If you have more questions, please refer to our list of Frequently Asked Questions. For more information, or to sign up for CTSWEB, contact the CPC Office.