What you need to know about the importance of the Kbis extract and the procedure for obtaining it
The Kbis extract is a very important document for any company wishing to formalise its existence. Consequently, it should not be neglected and should be regularly updated. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the Kbis extract.
Why is it important to have an up-to-date Kbis extract ?
Obtaining a Kbis extract is compulsory for all companies registered in the Trade and Companies Register (RCS), whether they are commercial companies or liberal professions. Indeed, the Kbis extract (extrait kbis) is generally used to :
- Prove the existence of the company to business partners, customers, suppliers, banks, etc.
- Prove the company's capacity to contract for commercial contracts, leases, loans, guarantees, etc.
- Proving the company's status as a trader for legal proceedings and commercial disputes.
- Proving the legal form of the company for administrative and tax formalities (VAT, company tax, etc.).
- Proving the solvency of the company for credit and bank guarantees.
Failure to have an up-to-date Kbis extract may result in administrative and financial sanctions, as well as difficulties in carrying out one's activity. It is therefore essential to ensure that the Kbis extract is still valid and to renew it regularly.
How to obtain the Kbis extract ?
There are several ways to obtain a Kbis extract:
- Online: It is possible to order a Kbis extract online on the website of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) of the region where the company is registered.
- By post: It is possible to request a Kbis extract by post by sending a written request to the CCI of the region where the company is registered.
- In person: It is possible to go directly to the CCI of the region where the company is registered to request a Kbis extract in person.
It is important to note that the Kbis extract is valid for 3 months from the date of issue. It is therefore necessary to renew the extract regularly to ensure that it is still valid.